Thursday, July 19, 2007

DRAWING: Losing War



Describ: When theres no other way and some people just gave up like that - they lost the fights againts themself. A losing war. A war againts the inner you. Remember, theres always a way or hope. You just have to see it in a different angle and wait.

Clay: I made this drawing because i'm tired of listen, watching or heard people cutting themself to death or what so ever. Of all the stupid things, why this.. I guess thats my inspiration.. Feeling of hate.

The background is greyish-black, resemble grey and darker skies - a sign of no hope at all to be seen. The hand is white as it turned 'dead', blood (life) is draining out of the person. Blue line of hand resemble life or hope =)

4 art piece:

Ginabytes said...

It's interesting that I stumbled across your blog and saw this picture. I have been struggling with cutting for the past year, and was diagnosed with severe clinical depression. One thing I think many people don't realize is that cutting usually isn't a way of trying to kill yourself but more of a way of trying to stay alive. It reminds you that you are still living, even though you feel so dead inside. It's not someting I proud of. I didn't do it for attention. I did it for myself because I was confused and numb. I am going through therapy and it has been a month since I last cut myself. I have been finding out that cutting isn't the best way to deal with stuff, and I can tell I'm getting better. Your picture does indeed embody many of the aspects of self injury, but I think you are being too harsh in your explaination.

liesel said...

your blog is beautiful. thank you for such wonderful art.

Clay said...

For the both of you guys, sorry for the late reply.

Thank you ginabytes.. Its good that you have change for the better and yes. i am being too harsh because i've lost too many close people that i care - they lost to themself..Its really painful to lost that kind of person..and i dont people to be in that spot too..

Liesel, Thank you =)

Anonymous said...

Well said.